The SKN has made the decison to no longer use
as a means of identification of membership. All cards thus distributed
should be destroyed or returned to the office.
Cards still out are NO LONGER valid.
This is not a club for you to join. We are a Band of self-identified Tsalagi who seek to establish a Traditional Tsalagi Band. This means, for some, having to rethink beliefs and customs which are not in accordance with tsalagi tradition.
If you enroll in this nation, please, prior to sending in your application, take up your applicaton and this nation with Creator, for we would hope you will have made a life long commitment once you send in your application and it is accepted. You may leave, however, we ask for a written letter of resignation for our records. We also ask that, if your application is approved, you do your part to make this a strong and traditional Tsalagi Band.
The Uku, Council of Advisors, and Council of Beloved Women call upon anyone of Tsalagi blood to come and rejoin your people. You are needed for a Band, Tribe, or Nation cannot exist without its people.
Hayv (It is true!)
1. There is no blood minimum required for recognition, we live by the ancient Tsalagi belief that only a few drops of blood are needed for recognition.
2. Proof of heritage and blood shall come from birth certificates, family and Bible records, oral history and affidavits of personal knowledge.
3. There is no application fee or membership dues.
4. Due to the legal aspects, the Southeast Kituwah Nation Band cannot accept applications for membership from anyone who is already a member of a state or federally recognized band. If you currently belong to another group, proof of a formal resignation from that band will be required before your application will be considered.
5. If you are Tsalagi, please answer the following questions before you apply for membership with the Southeast Kituwah Nation Band:
IT IS UNFORTUNATE BUT NECESSARY IN ORDER TO MAINTAIN OUR HONOR. WE HAVE NEVER CHARGED A FEE TO BECOME A MEMBER. IF YOU HAVE BEEN APPROACHED BY SOMEONE CLAIMING TO REPRESENT OUR BAND AND THEY ARE USING SUCH AN APPLICATION, PLEASE LET ONE OF OUR CLAN ADVISORS, CLAN MOTHERS, ULOTV, KALANU, OR UKU KNOW IMMEDIATELY. SGI / WADO.
Instructions for Applying
1. Fill them out application and gen chart as completely as possible. Remember, the more information you provide, the faster we can review and process your application.
2. Include copy of birth certificate if possible.
3. Return to the Band's Office with a SASE (Self-Addressed, Stamped Envelope) so we can inform you of our decision.
you can go to any of the following pages:
This page last updated 24 Oct 03